You are here
Whitewater Activity Area
Glenwood Springs, Colorado, the Glenwood Whitewater Park is the first man-made whitewater feature built on the entire length of the Colorado River. Also known as the "G-wave" it is located on the west side of Glenwood Springs and provides year round enjoyment for river enthusiats.
Information and links:
Welcome to the Glenwood Whitewater Park!
Please note the following:
Due to the overwhelming success of the whitewater park and nature of the location, the Whitewater Park Committee has released these guidelines for the limited parking at the site, currently a small parking lot is available just across Devereux Ave from the park.
- As the park sees increased use on weekends throughout the summer therefore parking may be limited.
- Overflow parking is available 1/3 mile up Midland Avenue in the RFTA Lot. (Take first right & park in the large lot near the brick building.)
- No parking is allowed on Midland Avenue! You may be ticketed!
- Please do not park in a manner that impedes traffic or in private business lots or you may be towed.
- Overnight camping is not permitted in the immediate area.
- Additional camping information is available from the US Forest Service (970-945-2521) orBLM (970-947-2800) Monday-Friday.
- Helmets and Personal Flotation Devices are required at all times.