- Arts & Culture
- Community Art Center
- Clay Studio
- Clay Studio Memberships and Shelf Rentals
Clay Studio Memberships and Shelf Rentals
Membership is a great way to meet other local clay artists in the community, share creative ideas, and support one another. The Community Art Center offers two membership options, full-shelf or half-shelf, for experienced potters in the community. With a monthly membership, potters will have shared access to the clay studio during open studio hours, shelf space, and can be added to the Studio Caregiver's kiln firing schedule. Potters must have prior learning and experience with clay to apply. Prior to membership start, applicant will be required to attend a Clay Studio Orientation with the Clay Studio Caregiver at an additional cost. Please note that this is not a production studio; large quantities of pieces and specific deadlines cannot be accommodated.
Types of Memberships
Full-Shelf Monthly Membership: $150/month
Half-Shelf Monthly Membership: $90/month
Terms of Memberships
- Members must be 18 years of age or older and have completed a Clay Studio Orientation with the Studio Caregiver.
- Shelving space is limited to 4 full-shelf and 4 half-shelf memberships per month.
- Memberships may be renewed monthly for up to one year. A check-in with Studio Caregiver, Arts Supervisor, and member take place after the first 3 months.
- Membership may be revoked at any time if studio guidelines are not being followed by a member.
- Refunds and prorated rates are not available for canceled memberships or missed days during a membership period. Membership cancelations must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only Clay Studio members may be in the Clay Studio during open studio hours. No guests, children, or pets.
- All members are responsible for cleaning their work areas and equipment prior to departing. Studio floors will be cleaned at the beginning of each month.
- Members may not use the kiln. All firing will be completed by the Studio Caregiver. Typically, 2 bisque and 2-3 glaze firings are completed each month.
- Days and times for open studio will be communicated with members monthly as they are subject to change.
How to Apply
Applications for Clay Studio Monthly Membership and Shelf Rental can be found on our website and at the Community Art Center at 601 East 6th Street. Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com or dropped of in person at the Community Art Center.